M, #11051, (5 November 1697 - 7 August 1771)
|Father*||Isaac/2 Ayars1 b. c 1673, d. 1761|
|Mother*||Hannah Barrett1 b. c 1678, d. 1726|
|Appears on charts:||Descendants of Robert/1 Ayars|
Descendants of Henry/1w Brooks
Descendants of Timothy/2w Brooks
Descendants of Rev. Timothy/3w Brooks Jr.
Descendants of Patience/4w Brooks
|Last Edited:||19 Apr 2018|
Children with Patience/4w Brooks:
- Rev. Nathan/5w Ayars7 b. 1718, d. 20 Jul 1811
- Jonathan/5w Ayars7 b. 1722, d. 1782
- Abigail/5w Ayars8 b. 24 Nov 1724
- Hannah/5w Ayars9 b. 11 Jun 1727
- Joseph/5w Ayars10 b. say 1728
- Patience/5w Ayars11 b. 16 Jun 1730, d. 28 Dec 1785
- Caleb/5w Ayars12 b. 24 Feb 1732
- Isaac/5w Ayars7 b. 1734, d. 1781
- Keziah/5w Ayars13 b. 13 Jun 1736, d. 1803
- Timothy/5w Ayars14 b. 19 Apr 1739
Caleb/3 Ayars, born 5 Nov 1697 in what is now Cumberland County, New Jersey.1 He married, 29 Mar 1717 at Shiloh, New Jersey, the Reverend's daughter Patience/4w Brooks, with whom he had 10 children.2,3,4,5
By the spring of 1737, it was decided among the Sabbatarian brethren to constitute themselves into a Gospel church. On March 27th, 1737, these did form themselves into the Shiloh church: Elijah Bowen and Deborah, his wife; John Jarman, Caleb Barrett and Abigail Barrett; Hugh Dunn and Amy Dunn, Rev. J. Davis, Esther Davis, Caleb Ayars, Jr., Joseph Swinney, Anna Swinney, Deborah Swinney, Samuel Davis, Anna Davis and Jean Phillips. In all, sixteen. … In 1771, a new brick house of worship was built, which was in use for about eighty years and was then transformed into an academy.6Patience died after 17397, and Caleb in 7 Aug 1771 at Stow Creek, New Jersey.5
- [S2326] Frank D. Andrews, Robert Ayars and His Descendants, 30.
- [S132] Robert Peacock Brooks, Timothy Brooks, 14, Timothy (5.) Brooks, Patience (v.).
- [S141] Black, "After 12 Generations," 16.
- [S1650] Robert Peacock Brooks, "Henry Brooks," 45.
- [S2326] Andrews, Robert Ayars, 9.
- [S2281] Thomas S. Griffiths, A History of Baptists in New Jersey, 521.
- [S946] Beverly G. McNally.
- [S2328] "The Ayars Family Historical Association," http://www.ayars.com/ayars/D0056/I91.html
- [S2328] "Ayars Family Historical Association," http://www.ayars.com/ayars/D0058/I93.html
- [S1651] Jeanne Woolbert Kincaid.
- [S2328] "Ayars Family Historical Association," http://www.ayars.com/ayars/D0060/I95.html
- [S2328] "Ayars Family Historical Association," http://www.ayars.com/ayars/D0062/I97.html
- [S2328] "Ayars Family Historical Association," http://www.ayars.com/ayars/D0014/I101.html
- [S2328] "Ayars Family Historical Association," http://www.ayars.com/ayars/D0016/I103.html, citing Register of the Cohansey Seventh Day Baptist Church: 1737-1830 (Plainfield NJ: Seventh Day Baptist Publishing House, 1976), 26.