M, #22270, (circa 1602 - August 1668)
|Last Edited:||31 Aug 2016|
William Brackenbury, born in England circa 1602 (g.s.)1, married Alice (–?–).2 The name of Will. Drakenbury was included on a list of "such as desire to be made ffreemen" of Massachusetts Bay," 19 Oct 1630.3 20 Dec 1650, William Brackenbury ["Brakenbury"], late of Charlestown, conveyed to Henry/1w Brooks, yeoman of Woburn, six parcels of land in Woburn (178 acres) at a place commonly called Horn Pond, together with a house frame, his wife Alice ["Ales"] giving her consent by mark.4,5 He died in Aug 1668 at Malden, where he then lived6, and his wife 28 Dec 1670.7,8 They are buried in Bell Rock Cemetery, Malden (Wyman), his g.s. no longer extant.2
- [S2102] Martin E. Hollick, New Englanders in the 1600s, 29.
- [S148] FindAGrave.com, memorials #52628977, #118900785.
- [S222] Lucius R. Paige, "Massachusetts Freemen," 10, Will. Drakenbury.
- [S318] Thomas Bellows Wyman, Charlestown Estates, 1:108, William Brackenbury; 1:132, Henry Brooks: 1650.
- [S1640] Edward F. Johnson, Early Woburn Deeds, 3-4, Brakenbury/Brooks (Book 1, Page 25).
- [S148] FindAGrave.com, memorial #52628977.
- [S148] FindAGrave.com, memorial #118900785.
- [S302] Deloraine P. Corey, Malden Births, Marriages and Deaths, 332, Alice Brackenbury d. (g.s.).
- [S1590] Nathaniel B. Shurtleff, Records of the Massachusetts Bay, 1:230.
- [S318] Wyman, Charlestown Estates, 1:108, William1 Brackenbury.