M, #27004, (say 1617 - 1684)
|Last Edited:||29 Jan 2016|
William/1m Brooks was at Milford, Connecticut,1639.1 He married (1), before 8 Sep 1644 (when his wife was admitted to the church there), Bridget (–?–).2 He himself was admitted to the church at Milford, 11 Jun 1648; subsequently dismissed to Fairfield Church.3 He was a Milford landowner, 20 Feb 1660.1 Bridget died there 23 Jun 16634, and he married (2), circa 1666, Sarah ?Dell, widow of William Wheeler.2 List of freemen of Milford, 1669.5 He died at Milford, 16846, and his widow Sarah 5 Jun 1703/9, "ae 88."7 Issue, if any, unknown.
- [S944] Carol Pullen-Reynolds, citing Holbrook, 1670 CT census.
- [S221] Clarence Almon Torrey, New England Marriages, 103, William Brooks.
- [S1461] Jacquelyn Ladd Ricker, The Ricker Compilation, Milford VR, William Brooks adm. ch., dism. Fairfield.
- [S1461] Ricker Compilation, Milford VR, Bridget Brooks adm. ch.; d.
- [S1121] Public Records of the Colony of Connecticut, 1636-1776, 2:524.
- [S562] Barbour Collection, Milford, W[illia]m Brooks d.
- [S1461] Ricker Compilation, Milford VR, Sarah Brooks d.