F, #29665, (16 November 1782 - 26 March 1861)
|Father*||Capt. Daniel/4h Brooks1,2 b. 7 Dec 1746|
|Mother*||Elizabeth Hurlburt1,2 b. s 1744|
Elizabeth/5h Brooks, born 16 Nov 1782 at Haddam, Connecticut1,3, married, 7 Mar 1811, her 2nd cousin Brooks/5h Smith of Haddam, son of Dea. Isaac/5 Smith and Jerusha/4h Brooks.1 The 1850 census recorded Brooks (a. 70, farmer, r.e. $1500) and Elizabeth (a. 68) in their Haddam household. Next door was Washington F. Smith, presumably their son.3 Brooks Smith died 10 Oct 18544, and Elizabeth 26 Mar 1861, a. 78.1
- [S629] David V. Hoffman, citing family history file submitted by Lillian Antoinette Kruger Brooks, Town Hall, Haddam.
- [S643] Unknown author, "Brooks Genealogy" (handwritten family record of Thomas Brooks of Haddam and descendants), Glastonbury (CT) Historical Society. Hereinafter Haddam Brooks Genealogy.
- [S1850] 1850 U.S. Census, Haddam, Middlesex, CT, M432/44/402, Brooks Smith.
- [S629] David Hoffman, citing family history file submitted by Lillian Antoinette Kruger Brooks, Town Hall, Haddam; g.s.
- [S1850] 1850 U.S. Census, Haddam, Middlesex, CT, M432/44/402, Washington F. Smith.