M, #34498, (29 December 1783 - March 1842)
|Father*||Thomas/5g Brooks1 b. c 19 Aug 1760, d. 30 Aug 1822|
|Mother*||Lucy/5g Brooks1 b. 1 Jul 1754, d. 31 Dec 1827|
|Appears on charts:||Descendants of John/1g Brooks|
Descendants of Samuel/3g Brooks Jr.
Descendants of Thomas/4g Brooks
Descendants of Capt. John/4g Brooks
|Last Edited:||28 Apr 2018|
Child with an unknown spouse/person:
- Thomas/7g Brooks IV10 b. 1820
Thomas/6g Brooks III, born 29 Dec 1783 at Leyden, Massachusetts2, was at Deerfield, Massachusetts,with his parents, 1788.3 His parents settled about 1790/91 on the west green of what became Norwich, New York.4,5 Perhaps the same Thomas Brooks who, previous to 12 Oct 1819, joined the Chenango County Medical Society.6 Smith says (ch. 29) he died on the family farm in South Plymouth, New York2,7, yet elsewhere in the same work (ch. 24) says that he was a bachelor "who removed to and died in the Southern States."8 Anne Hart reports his death occurred in Mar 1842.2 A marker with his name in Stewart's Corners Cemetery, Plymouth, where his parents and several siblings are buried, may be either a gravestone or a cenotaph.9
- [S148] FindAGrave.com, memorials #65245895, #65195935.
- [S714] M. Anne Holford Hart, BROOKS-NE-L posting, 9 Apr 2002.
- [S1188] George Sheldon, A History of Deerfield, Massachusetts, 2:90.
- [S1431] James H. Smith, History of Chenango and Madison Counties, New York, ch. 23 (Norwich).
- [S1435] U.S. GenWeb, Oneida County, New York pages at http://www.rootsweb.com/~nychenan/, Norwich, Norwich Gazetteer: "hammer and nails."
- [S1431] James H. Smith, Hist. Chenango & Madison Counties, ch. 11, Chenango County Medical Society.
- [S1431] James H. Smith, Hist. Chenango & Madison Counties, ch. 29 (Plymouth), Settlements.
- [S1431] James H. Smith, Hist. Chenango & Madison Counties, ch. 23 (Norwich), p. 311.
- [S148] FindAGrave.com, memorial #65246639.
- [S714] Anne Hart.