F, #40189, (say 1612 - 6 June 1688 or July 1688)
|Father*||Thomas/1 Ford1 b. s 1588|
|Mother*||Elizabeth (–?–)1 b. s 1590, d. Apr 1643|
|Last Edited:||21 Aug 2017|
Children with Elder John/1 Strong:
Abigail Ford, born in England2, with her parents sailed, 20 Mar 1630, in the Mary and John, Thomas Chubb, master, from Plymouth, arriving at Nantasket Point in Massachusetts Bay on May 30. They initially settled at Mattapan, which was renamed Dorchester after the English home of the party's patron, Rev. John White.1,3 There Abigail met and married, as his 2nd wife, Dec 1630, Elder John/1 Strong.4 She died 6 Jun or Jul 1688 at Northampton, Massachusetts, "a. abt. 80."4, and he 14 Apr 1699.5
- [S97] Charles Edward Banks, Planters of the Commonwealth, 87, 88, Mary and John.
- [S743] Daniel White Wells and Reuben Field Wells, Hist. Hatfield, 440.
- [S106] NEHGS Register, "Record of Marriages & Births Copied from the 1st Book of Records under the date 18 May 1674," 5:361 (1851).
- [S929] William Pynchon and John Pynchon, Index to Hampshire Records, 34, Abigail Strong d.
- [S1295] Author unknown, Register of the Deaths in Northampton, 11, Elder John Strong d.
- [S1633] Benjamin W. Dwight, Elder John Strong, 2:769, Jedediah Strong (8-9).
- [S27] Thomas B. Warren, "Springfield Families," 476, Joseph (2.) Parsons.