Lt. Samuel/1 Smith
M, #52984, (circa 1602 - 1680)
|Last Edited:||20 Aug 2017|
Children with Elizabeth (–?–):
Lt. Samuel/1 Smith was born in England circa 1602. Samuel Smith and wife Elizabeth, both a. 32, with 4 children aged 1-9, sailed from Ipswich for New England, 30 Apr 1634, in the Elizabeth of Ipswich, William Andrews, master. They reached Boston in July and thence went on to Wethersfield, Connecticut.1,2 Removed from Wethersfield to Hadley, Massachusetts, "where he held important offices in chh. and state."2 One of a committee of five appointed by the General Court, 11 Oct 1672, to lay out and order the new settlement of Squakheag, later Northfield.3 He is supposed to have died in 1680, a. 78.2 His wife died 16 Mar 1686, a. 84.2
F, #52990, (circa 1654 - 21 May 1727)
|Father*||John/2 Graves1 b. s 1628, d. 17 Sep 1677|
|Mother*||Mary/2 Smith1 b. c 1630, d. Jul 1671|
|Appears on charts:||Descendants of Henry/1 Burt|
|Last Edited:||22 Aug 2017|
Children with Samuel/2 Ball:
Mary/3 Graves, born circa 16541, married (1), 15 Jan 1671 at Hatfield, Massachusetts, Samuel/2 Ball of Springfield, son of Francis/1? Ball and Abigail/2 Burt,2,3 who died at Springfield 13 Sep 1689.4 There she married (2), as his 2nd wife, 10 Apr 1690, Benjamin/3 Stebbins of W. Springfield, son of Lt. Thomas/2 Stebbins and Hannah/2 Wright.5,6 She married (3), 29 Dec 1704, as his 3rd wife, Dea. James/2 Warriner of Springfield, son of William/1 Warriner and Joanna Searle,7 who died at Springfield 14 May 1727.7 There she died one week later, on the 21st.7
- [S743] Daniel White Wells and Reuben Field Wells, Hist. Hatfield, 410.
- [S106] NEHGS Register, "Records of Springfield, Mass.", 19:64 (Jan 1865): Francis Ball b.
- [S929] William Pynchon and John Pynchon, Index to Hampshire Records, 38, Mary Ball b.
- [S929] Pynchon, Index to Hampshire Records, 38, Samuel Ball d.
- [S929] Pynchon, Index to Hampshire Records, 38, wid. Mary Ball/Benjamin Stebbins m.
- [S930] Pynchon Manuscript Records, 4, Benja Stebbins/widdo Ball m.
- [S27] Thomas B. Warren, "Springfield Families," 633, James (2.) Warriner.
- [S929] Pynchon, Index to Hampshire Records, 38, Francis Ball b.
- [S929] Pynchon, Index to Hampshire Records, 38, Elizabeth Ball b.
- [S929] Pynchon, Index to Hampshire Records, 38, Mercy Ball b.; d.
- [S929] Pynchon, Index to Hampshire Records, 38, Abigail Ball b.