M, #8612, (6 August 1723 - )
|Father*||Joseph/3a Brooks1 b. c 1670, d. 11 Jul 1746|
|Mother*||Rebecca/4 Blodgett1 b. 5 Jun 1689, d. 25 Jan 1768|
|Appears on charts:||Descendants of Capt. Thomas/1a Brooks|
Descendants of Dea. Joshua/2a Brooks
Descendants of Joseph/3a Brooks (of Joshua)
Descendants of Pvt. James/4a Brooks
|Custom index:||Revolutionary War|
|Last Edited:||28 Jul 2017|
Children with Elizabeth Bathrick:
- Prudence/5a Brooks6 b. 1 Jun 1750, d. after 1816
- Abraham/5a Brooks7 b. 25 Aug 1751
- Phebe/5a Brooks8 b. 4 Mar 1753
- Elizabeth/5a Brooks9 b. 8 Dec 1754
- Rebecca/5a Brooks10 b. 21 Nov 1756
- Drusilla/5a Brooks11 b. 27 Feb 1761
- Mary/5a Brooks12 b. 27 Feb 1761
- Sybil/5a Brooks13 b. 1764
- Son1/5a Brooks14 b. circa May 1765, d. 2 Oct 1766
James/4a Brooks, born 6 Aug 1723 at Concord, Massachusetts1, married, 26 Dec 1745 at Cambridge, Elizabeth Bathrick of Charlestown, daughter of John Bathrick and Mary Boyce.3 (Their siblings Isaac Brooks and Mary Bathrick also married.) Mentioned in his father's will, 4 May 1746.4 They lived first at Lincoln, then at Harvard, Massachusetts. He was probably living at Groton 1771–1775, as two daughters who married during this period were "of Groton" in their marriage records.5
- [S185] Concord, Massachusetts Births, Marriages, and Deaths, 1635–1850, 111, James Brooks b.
- [S366] Patricia Law Hatcher, Abstracts of Graves of Revolutionary Patriots, v. 1, James Brooks.
- [S308] Thomas W. Baldwin, Vital Records of Cambridge, Massachusetts, To the Year 1850, 2:51, James Brooks/Elizabeth Bathrick m.
- [S572] William Gray Brooks, "A Genealogical Account of the Brooks Family," 60.
- [S203] Records of Littleton, Massachusetts, 270, Samll Wood Junr/Rebecca Brooks, int.; 272, Ebenezer Wood jur/Phebe Brooks, int.
- [S188] Vital Records of Lincoln, Massachusetts, To the Year 1850, 23, Prudence Brooks bp.
- [S188] Lincoln VR, 20, Abraham Brooks bp.
- [S197] Thomas W. Baldwin, Vital Records of Harvard, Massachusetts, To The Year 1850, 20, Phebe Brooks bp.
- [S197] Harvard VR, 19, Elizabeth Brooks bp.
- [S197] Harvard VR, 20, Rebeccah Brooks bp.
- [S197] Harvard VR, 19, Drusilla Brooks bp.
- [S197] Harvard VR, 19, Mary Brooks bp.
- [S183] Craig Beeman, citing DAR Lineage Books, 123:236, Olive M. Branch.
- [S197] Harvard VR, 252, ____, s. James Brooks d. (c.r.).