Rev. Aaron/4a Whittemore
M, #9451, (13 December 1711 - 16 November 1767)
|Father*||Lt. Benjamin/3 Whittemore1 b. 1 Sep 1669, d. 8 Sep 1734|
|Mother*||Esther/3a Brooks1 b. 4 Jul 1668, d. 11 Jan 1742/43|
|Appears on charts:||Descendants of Capt. Thomas/1a Brooks|
Descendants of Dea. Joshua/2a Brooks
Descendants of Esther/3a Brooks
Descendants of Rev. Aaron/4a Whittemore
|Custom index:||French and Indian War|
|Last Edited:||24 Aug 2017|
Children with Abigail Coffin:
- John/5a Whittemore9 b. 1745, d. 20 Jan 1745/46
- Aaron/5a Whittemore10 b. 4 Apr 1747, d. 1 May 1817
- Judith/5a Whittemore11 b. 6 Nov 1748, d. 13 Feb 1755
- Capt. Benjamin/5a Whittemore12 b. 4 Dec 1750, d. 8 Oct 1822
- Esther/5a Whittemore13 b. 12 Aug 1752, d. 12 Jul 1803
- Sarah/5a Whittemore14 b. 18 May 1754, d. 1759
- Ruth/5a Whittemore15 b. 22 Apr 1756, d. 25 Aug 1773
- Abigail/5a Whittemore b. after 1758
- Peter/5a Whittemore16 b. 2 Apr 1758, d. 16 Dec 1836
Rev. Aaron/4a Whittemore, born 13 Dec 1711 at Concord, Massachusetts1, graduated Harvard College, taking his A.M. in 1734.2,3 He was ordained, 1737, as minister of the First Congregational Church of Pembroke, New Hampshire, where he served 30 years.4,5 He married, 26 Feb 1744 at Newbury, Massachusetts, Abigail Coffin of Newburyport, daughter of John Coffin and Judith Greenleaf.6 He "served in the French and Indian war as a lieutenant, and his house was a garrison."7 He died at Pembroke 16 Nov 1767, a. 558,3, and is buried in the Large Cemetery, Pembroke.3 Abigail died 12 May 1803, a. 84.8
- [S185] Concord, Massachusetts Births, Marriages, and Deaths, 1635–1850, 77, Aaron Whittemore b.
- [S333] Richard W. Musgrove, History of the Town of Bristol, 2:458: "a graduate of Harvard."
- [S1406] Mrs. Charles Carpenter Goss, Colonial Gravestone Inscriptions in the State of New Hampshire, 111, Pembroke, Large Cemetery, Rev. Aaron Whittemore.
- [S83] Henry Bond, Watertown Genealogies, 1:720.
- [S333] Richard W. Musgrove, Hist. Bristol, 2:458: "pastor of the Congregational church in Pembroke."
- [S1299] Vital records of Newbury, Massachusetts to the end of the year 1849, 2:107, Mrs. Abigail Coffin/Rev. Aaron Whittemore m.
- [S333] Richard W. Musgrove, Hist. Bristol, 2:458.
- [S135] Mariana B. Ruggles, citing NEHGR, 108:18.
- [S135] Mariana Ruggles.
- [S1299] Newbury VR, 1:543, Aaron Whittemore b.
- [S1299] Newbury VR, 1:543, Judeth Whittemore b.
- [S1299] Newbury VR, 1:543, Benjamin Whittemore b.
- [S1299] Newbury VR, 1:542, Esther Whitemore b. Suncook.
- [S1299] Newbury VR, 1:543, Sarah Whittemore b.
- [S1299] Newbury VR, 1:542, Ruth Whitemore b. Suncook.
- [S333] Richard W. Musgrove, Hist. Bristol, 2:458-9.