Topsham, Maine

Topsham originally belonged to the Pejepscott Purchase. The town of Topsham first received its name, legally, in the year 1717, when a vote passed in the House of Representatives of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts This tract of land was mainly settled by English emigrants, the greater number of whom was supposed to have come from the town of Topsham, England, and to have named the place in the memory of their former home The town of Topsham was incorporated, January, 1764.
From the introduction to Topsham, Maine, Vital Records (1929)