Founded 1741. || Blandford, Mass. Hampden co. Branches of Westfield river rise in this town and give it a good water power. Blandford was incorporated in 1741. It was originally settled by a company from the north of Ireland. It lies 114 miles W. by S. from Boston, and 15 W. by N. from Springfield. Population, 1837, 1,443. The manufactures of the place consist of woollen cloth, paper and leather. Annual amount, $50,500. The agricultural products sent to market in 1836, amounted to $22,340. There were in the town 1,535 cows and 1,822 merino sheep. — John Hayward, The New England Gazetteer, 1839.