Colebrook, New Hampshire
Colebrook, N.H., Coös co., on Connecticut river, about 35 miles N. of Lancaster. It is watered by the Mohawk river and Beaver brook. The soil here is rich, and capable of culture. Intervales of good quality stretch along the Connecticut. Colebrook was originally granted to Sir George Colebrook and others, and was incorporated Dec. 1, 1790. There is an academy in this town, incorporated in 1833. Population, 1830, 542. — John Hayward, The New England Gazetteer, 1839.