Stow Creek, New Jersey

Stow Creek dates back to January 19, 1748, when it was formed as one of six precincts in the newly created Cumberland County. It was formally incorporated as a township on February 21, 1798. Columbia Township was formed on March 12, 1844, from portions of both Hopewell Township and Stow Creek Township, and dissolved on March 11, 1845. On April 9, 1929, portions of the township were taken to create Shiloh. On October 1, 1924, the New Jersey Legislature officially changed the name of the township from "Stoe Creek" to "Stow Creek", though it is unclear when "Stow" had become "Stoe".[19] The township's name is shared with the Stow Creek, a tributary of the Delaware River. Wikipedia