Bozrah parish became Bozrah township in 1786. || Bozrah, Ct. New London co. This town was taken from Norwich in 1786. It was formerly called New Concord. It lies 33 miles E.S.E. from Hartford, and 5 W. from Norwich. The soil is a gravelly loam, rich and fertile. It is watered by Yantic river, on which are two pleasant and flourishing villages, Bozrahville and Fitchville, at both of which are manufactories for cotton.
This town experienced a terrible hail storm on the 15th of July, 1799, by which much property was lost and many cattle injured. The hail fell in immense quantities, some particles of which measured six inches in circumference. Population, 1830, 1,073. — John Hayward, The New England Gazetteer, 1839.