- [S115] Martin, Susan. (Worthington, MA, e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 1996–99.
- [S168] Jahnke, Julius Albert. (Stafford Springs, FL). Family tree at Genealogy.com.
- [S214] Craig, H. Stanley. Cumberland County Genealogical Data: Records Pertaining to Persons Residing in Cumberland Co. Prior to 1800. Merchantville, NJ: Author, 1930s. Repr. Gloucester County Historical Society, Woodbury, NJ, 1981.
- [S339] Clement, John Pixley and Newton, Ephraim Holland. The History of the Town of Marlborough, Windham County, Vermont. Montpelier: Vermont Historical Society, 1930. Extractions: Brenda Babineau.
- [S358] Vital Records of Lowell, Massachusetts, To the end of the year 1849. Salem, MA: Essex Institute, 1930. Page scans included on CD-ROM Early Vital Records of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, To About 1850 (Wheat Ridge, CO: Search and ReSearch Publishing, 1998).
- [S367] Faries, Julia C. (Memphis, TN, e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 1999.
- [S495] Vital Records of Granville, Massachusetts to the Year 1850. Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1914. Page scans included on CD-ROM Early Vital Records of Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire Counties, Massachusetts, To About 1850 (Wheat Ridge, CO: Search and ReSearch Publishing, 2000).
- [S699] Cox, Sally. (e-mail address). Research shared with the author, Oct 2001.
- [S886] MacKinnon, Judith. (e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 2002.
- [S887] Young, David Colby. "Portland Early Families". 1997. Surnames A-K, http://bit.ly/TRWVBn
- [S909] Cruson, Daniel J. and Daniel J. Jr. "The Brooks Family of Waterford, Connecticut." Typescript, 1978. Connecticut State Library, 929.2/B791he/cr. Photocopy: David Hoffman.
- [S933] Hempstead, Joshua. Diary of Joshua Hempstead of New London, Connecticut, Covering a Period of Forty-Seven Years From September, 1711, to November, 1758. Containing Valuable Genealogical Data Relating to Many New London Families, References to the Colonial Wars, to the Shipping and Other Matters of Interest Pertaining to the Town and the Times. New London: New London County Historical Society, 1901. In Collections of the New London County Historical Society, v.1. Extractions: Carol Reynolds.
- [S1184] Brooks, Samuel. Revolutionary pension file M805/125/157/S36928. National Archives and Records Administration. Digitized images downloaded Nov 2004 from HeritageQuest online library.
- [S1189] Willey, Henry. Isaac Willey, of New London, Conn., and his Descendants. New Bedford, MA: printed for the author, 1888. Numbered copy #41, viewed as page scans in the HeritageQuest online library.
- [S1203] Crowell, Beverly. (e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 2005.
- [S1208] Gulbransen, Ann. (Wadsworth, OH, e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 2004-05.
- [S1291] Kitty Ann (last name withheld by request). (e-mail address). NSDAR application and followup electronic correspondence, 2016.
- [S1331] Saremi, Jan (Byard). (e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 2005.
- [S1361] Brooks, William. Revolutionary pension file M805/125/332/S17866. National Archives and Records Administration. Digitized images downloaded Nov 2004 from HeritageQuest online library.
- [S1377] Anderson, Joseph Crook II and Lois Ware Thurston. Vital Records of Kittery, Maine, Prior to 1892. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 1991. Extractions: Irene Dunham.
- [S1378] Ladd, Audrey J. The Mary Adams Rolfe Papers. Transcribed from the originals held by the Historical Society of Old Newbury, Newbury, MA.
- [S1379] Maine Old Cemetery Association. Cemetery Inscriptions of York County, Maine. Rockland, ME: Picton Press, 1995. Extractions: Irene Dunham.
- [S1384] Noonan, Joyce. (San Jose, CA, e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 2006.
- [S1388] Lane Memorial Library. "Hampton, New Hampshire, Area Genealogy." (http://www.hampton.lib.nh.us/genealog/index.htm). Visited Mar 2006.
- [S1396] Remick, Oliver P. A Record of the Services of the Commissioned Officers and Enlisted Men of Kittery and Eliot, Maine: Who Served their Country on Land and Sea in the American Revolution, from 1775 to 1783. Boston: Alfred Mudge & Son, 1901. Repr. Higginson Book Co., Salem, MA, 1998. Page scans at Ancestry.com.
- [S1407] Parkhurst, Charles Dyer. "Early Families of New London, Connecticut and Vicinity." 1938. Multiple handwritten volumes, held by the Connecticut State Library, Hartford. Photocopied extracts: Kathy Chiappetta, Phoebe Cortessis.
- [S1411] Forsyth, Edward. (Lockport, NY). The author was, 1992, historian of Clan Forsyth(e) in Canada and the United States.
- [S1420] Maine Genealogical Society. Berwick, Maine Vital Records. Rockport, ME: Picton Press, 1998. Extractions: Irene Dunham.
- [S1422] Beatty, John D. Biddeford Maine Vital Records. Rockport, ME: Picton Press, 1998. Extractions: Irene Dunham.
- [S1426] Unknown author. Vital Records of York, Maine. Extractions: Irene Dunham.
- [S1427] Unknown author. York County Marriage Returns, 1831-1888. Extractions: Irene Dunham.
- [S1546] Cooke, Gregory. (Jordan, UT, e-mail address). http://www.gdcooke.org
- [S1601] New England Historic Genealogical Society. "Vital Records from the New Hampshire Gazette." Compiled by Otis G. Hammond, former director of the New Hampshire Historical Society, and abstracted by Priscilla Hammond in 1937. http://www.americanancestors.org/database_search/…
- [S1624] Vital Records of Hampton, New Hampshire: To the End of the Year 1900. Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1992. Accessed as "Vital Records of Hampton, New Hampshire to 1900," an electronic database at www.newenglandancestors.org.
- [S1626] Gerrish, Joan. (Rochester, NH, e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 2009.
- [S1651] Kincaid, Jeanne Woolbert. (Mooresboro, NC, e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 2001.
- [S1663] Maine Historical and Genealogical Recorder. 1884-89. Vols. 1-6.
- [S1666] Sargent, William M., comp. Maine Wills. 1640—1760. Portland, ME: 1887. Repr. Clearfield Co., Baltimore, 1996.
- [S1670] Flagg, Charles Alcott. An Alphabetical Index of Revolutionary Pensioners Living in Maine. Dover, NH: 1920. Repr. Genealogical Publishing Co., Baltimore, 1967.
- [S1690] The Goodwin News. Quarterly publication of The New England Goodwin Project, http://www.thenegoodwinproject.com/. Alice B. Goodwin Sharp article is at http://www.thenegoodwinproject.com/goodwin_news/…, citing a collective bibliography of:
Family bible in possession of Alvah ROBERTS, East Wakefield, NH for birth dates of Thomas Card family.
Milton, NH town records.
Probate records of intestate administration of Capt. Thomas CARD, Dover, NH.
Probate records Exeter, NH, land transaction of Thomas and wife Abigail in 1783.
Inscriptions in Hayes cemetery, Milton, NH and Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Eliot, ME.
W.R. Cutter, Genealogical & Personal Memoirs.
Collections of Dover. NH Historical Society, Vol. 1, 1894, Dover, for marriage of Archelaus Card and Hannah Mace.
K. Richmond, John Hayes of Dover, NH.
Scales, History of Dover, NH
Author unidentified, Old Eliot, 9:71.
- [S1691] Somerville (MA) Historical Society. "Elbridge Streeter Brooks, Biographical Sketch and Memorial Exercises," Historic Leaves, Vol. 1 (Apr 1902—Jan 1903). Publication of the Somerville, MA Historical Society. Viewed online at http://www.perseus.tufts.edu/hopper/text
- [S1694] Death certificates, as individually cited.
- [S1716] Vital Records of Newburyport Massachusetts to the End of the Year 1849. Salem, MA: Essex Institute, 1911.
- [S1748] New England Historic Genealogical Society. "Portsmouth, NH: Vital Records, 1709-1841." Online database abstracted by NEHGS member Sean Furniss from microfilmed records held by the New Hampshire State Archives. http://www.americanancestors.org/search.aspx
- [S1890] 1890 United States Census, Veterans Schedules. Special Schedules of the Eleventh Census (1890) Enumerating Union Veterans and Widows of Union Veterans of the Civil War. Series M123, 118 rolls. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C. Digitized images viewed at Ancestry.com.
- [S2054] J.H. Beers & Co. Commemorative Biographical Record of the Counties of Huron and Lorain, Ohio, Containing Biographical Sketches of Prominent and Representative Citizens, and of Many of the Early Settled Families. Chicago: J.H. Beers & Co., 1894.
- [S2160] New England Historic Genealogical Society. "Vita Brevis." Weekly blog archived at vita-brevis.org.
- [S2193] Freilich, Eleanor Carole (Fox). (Singer Island, FL, e-mail address). Information shared with the author, Dec 2015.
- [S2250] Levi and Shuah Brooks Memorial Park and Cemetery, Eliot, ME. http://brookscemetery.com/index.html
- [S2279] Brooks, Elbridge Streeter. The Life-work of Elbridge Gerry Brooks: Minister in the Universalist Church. New York: Universalist Publishing House, 1881. https://archive.org/details/lifeworkelbridg00broogoog