- [S168] Jahnke, Julius Albert. (Stafford Springs, FL). Family tree at Genealogy.com.
- [S323] Sorensen, Lisa. "The Cheney Family, 16031998." http://pages.prodigy.com/QJNT72A/cheney.htm
- [S325] Vital Records of Newton, Massachusetts, to the Year 1850. Boston: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1905. Page scans reproduced on CD-ROM Early Vital Records of Middlesex County, Massachusetts, To About 1850 (Wheat Ridge, CO: Search and ReSearch Publishing, 1998).
- [S329] Van Wagenen, Avis Stearns. Genealogy and Memoirs of Charles and Nathaniel Stearns, and Their Descendants. New York: Courier Printing Co., 1901. Accessed online at GenealogyLibrary.com.
- [S337] Lewis, Alonzo and Newhall, James R.. History of Lynn, Essex County, Massachusetts. Boston, MA: John L. Shorely, 1865. Accessed at GenealogyLibrary.com.
- [S339] Clement, John Pixley and Newton, Ephraim Holland. The History of the Town of Marlborough, Windham County, Vermont. Montpelier: Vermont Historical Society, 1930. Extractions: Brenda Babineau.
- [S353] A Report of the Record Commissioners of the City of Boston, Containing Dorchester Births, Marriages, and Deaths To the End of 1825. Boston: City of Boston, 1890. Page scans included on CD-ROM Early Vital Records of Suffolk County, Massachusetts, To About 1850 (Wheat Ridge, CO: Search and ReSearch Publishing, 1998).
- [S495] Vital Records of Granville, Massachusetts to the Year 1850. Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1914. Page scans included on CD-ROM Early Vital Records of Berkshire, Franklin, Hampden, Hampshire Counties, Massachusetts, To About 1850 (Wheat Ridge, CO: Search and ReSearch Publishing, 2000).
- [S615] Chapin, Rev. Alonzo B. Glastenbury for Two Hundred Years, a Centennial Discourse, May 18th A.D. 1853 (Press of Case, Tiffany and Company, Hartford, CT: 1853). Extractions: Kathy Chiappetta.
- [S624] Cantrall, Sharon L. (e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 20012003.
- [S640] Stiles, Henry R. The History of Ancient Windsor. (1892). Repr. New Hampshire Publishing Co., Somersworth, 1976. Extractions: Kathy Chiappetta.
- [S641] Trumbull, J. Hammond. The Memorial History of Hartford County, Connecticut, 16331884, In Two Volumes. Boston: Edward L. Osgood, 1886. Extractions: Kathy Chiappetta, Debbye Lansing.
- [S827] Gallagher, Rob. "Before the Needles: Executions in America Before Lethal Injection," Online database at http://users.bestweb.net/~rg/execution.htm. "This page was developed from the data file 'Executions in the United States, 1608-1991: The ESPY File', Espy, M. Watt, and John Ortiz Smykla, Principal Investigators. Funded by the National Science Foundation. This dataset represents the most complete list of executions in the United States compiled to date."
- [S856] Atwater, Edward Elias, ed. History of the City of New Haven to the Present Time. New York: W.W. Munsell, 1887. Extractions: Carol Piacentini.
- [S896] Arnold, James N. Vital Record of Rhode Island. 16361850. First Series, Births, Marriages and Deaths. A Family Register for the People. (Providence, RI: Narragansett Historical Publishing Co., 18911905, in 20 vols.).
- [S901] Hoadly, Charles J. The Public Records of the Colony of Connecticut from May 1751 to February 1757, inclusive. Press of the Case, Lockwood & Brainard Co., 1877. Extractions: Jean McKee, Carol Pullen-Reynolds.
- [S926] O'Callaghan, Edmund Bailey. Lists of Inhabitants of Colonial New York Excerpted from The Documentary History of the State of New-York. Baltimore: Genealogical Publishing Co., 1979. Photocopies: Carol Pullen-Reynolds.
- [S927] Vital Records of New Haven, 16491850. Hartford, CT: The Connecticut Society of the Order of Founders and Patriots of America, 1917.
- [S952] Records of the Colony of Rhode Island and Providence Plantations in New England. Providence: 185665. Extractions: Carol Pullen-Reynolds.
- [S959] Barbour, Lucius B. A Record and Documentary History of Simsbury, 1643-1888. Simsbury, CT: Abigail Phelps Chapter, NSDAR, 1931. Extractions: Carol Pullen-Reynolds.
- [S1009] Beach, Joseph Perkins. History of Cheshire, Connecticut, from 1694 to 1840; including Prospect, which, as Columbia Parish, was a part of Cheshire until 1829. Cheshire, CT: Lady Fenwick Chapter, NSDAR, 1912. Viewed as page scans in the HeritageQuest online lbrary.
- [S1047] Powers, Zara Jones, ed. New Haven Town Records 16841769. Volume III in the series Ancient Town Records. New Haven, CT: New Haven Colony Historical Society, 1962.
- [S1091] Winthrop, John Jr. Medical Journal of John Winthrop, Jr., partially transcribed at http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~pamw/Winthrop.htm from the original held by the Massachusetts Historical Society.
- [S1262] Fraser, Antonia. Cromwell the Lord Protector. New York: Alfred A. Knopf, Inc., 1973.
- [S1291] Kitty Ann (last name withheld by request). (e-mail address). NSDAR application and followup electronic correspondence, 2016.
- [S1308] NY, Town of East Hampton. Two hundred and Seventy-Five Years of East Hampton, Long Island, New York: A Historical Sketch. East Hampton, NY: Published for the community, 1926. Extractions: Debbye Lansing.
- [S1349] Cropley, Helen Louise. "The Ancestors of John Peter Hayes (18851913) and Caroline Ardella (Slapp) Hayes (18871976)." Scott Depot, WV: 1995. Typescript viewed as page scans at "Online Collections at BYU," http://contentdm.lib.byu.edu/cgi-bin/docviewer.exe, Jan 2006.
- [S1422] Beatty, John D. Biddeford Maine Vital Records. Rockport, ME: Picton Press, 1998. Extractions: Irene Dunham.
- [S1470] Humphreys, F. The Humphreys Family in America. New York: Humphreys Print, 1883. Viewed as page scans in the HeritageQuest online library.
- [S1494] Hinman, R.R. A Catalogue of the Names of the First Puritan Settlers of the Colony of Connecticut; with the time of their arrival in the colony, and their standing in society, together with their place of residence, as far as can be discovered by the records. Hartford, CT: E. Gleason, printer, 1846. Viewed at Google Books.
- [S1498] New England Historic Genealogical Society. "Abstracts of Wills, Administrations and Guardianships in NY State, 17871835." From material originally compiled by William A.D. Eardeley, now held by the Brooklyn Historical Society. Page scans at http://www.americanancestors.org. Extractions: Debbye Lansing.
- [S1501] New York Historical Society. Abstracts of Unrecorded Wills Prior to 1790. On File in the Surrogate's Office, City of New York. Collections of the New York Historical Society for the Year 1902. New York: 1903. Viewed as page scans in the Cornell Library of New York State Historical Literature, http://historical.library.cornell.edu/cgi-bin/cul.nys/…
- [S1502] New York Historical Society. Abstracts of Wills on File in the Surrogates Office, City of New York, Vol. 2, 1708-1728. Collections of the New York Historical Society. New York: 1894, vol. 26. Viewed within online database "New York City Wills, 1708-1728" at Ancestry.com.
- [S1530] Hazelwood, Shirley Lindenberger. (Norwalk, OH, e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 2007.
- [S1546] Cooke, Gregory. (Jordan, UT, e-mail address). http://www.gdcooke.org
- [S1587] Higgins, Skip. (Indianapolis, IN, e-mail address). Apr 2008 query to the author.
- [S1603] Wheeler, Richard A. History of the First Congregational Church, Stonington, Conn., 1674-1874 with the Report of the Bi-centennial Proceedings, June 3, 1874. (T.A. David and Co., Norwich, CT, 1875.) Transcribed as a database at NEHGS online, http://www.americanancestors.org/database_search/…
- [S1624] Vital Records of Hampton, New Hampshire: To the End of the Year 1900. Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 1992. Accessed as "Vital Records of Hampton, New Hampshire to 1900," an electronic database at www.newenglandancestors.org.
- [S1690] The Goodwin News. Quarterly publication of The New England Goodwin Project, http://www.thenegoodwinproject.com/. Alice B. Goodwin Sharp article is at http://www.thenegoodwinproject.com/goodwin_news/…, citing a collective bibliography of:
Family bible in possession of Alvah ROBERTS, East Wakefield, NH for birth dates of Thomas Card family.
Milton, NH town records.
Probate records of intestate administration of Capt. Thomas CARD, Dover, NH.
Probate records Exeter, NH, land transaction of Thomas and wife Abigail in 1783.
Inscriptions in Hayes cemetery, Milton, NH and Mt. Pleasant Cemetery, Eliot, ME.
W.R. Cutter, Genealogical & Personal Memoirs.
Collections of Dover. NH Historical Society, Vol. 1, 1894, Dover, for marriage of Archelaus Card and Hannah Mace.
K. Richmond, John Hayes of Dover, NH.
Scales, History of Dover, NH
Author unidentified, Old Eliot, 9:71.
- [S1695] Anderson, Allison. (New Hartford, CT, e-mail address). Research shared with the author, 2011.
- [S1890] 1890 United States Census, Veterans Schedules. Special Schedules of the Eleventh Census (1890) Enumerating Union Veterans and Widows of Union Veterans of the Civil War. Series M123, 118 rolls. National Archives and Records Administration, Washington D.C. Digitized images viewed at Ancestry.com.
- [S1910] 1910 United States Census. Images viewed at HeritageQuest online library.
- [S1920] 1920 United States Census. Images viewed at HeritageQuest online library.
- [S2054] J.H. Beers & Co. Commemorative Biographical Record of the Counties of Huron and Lorain, Ohio, Containing Biographical Sketches of Prominent and Representative Citizens, and of Many of the Early Settled Families. Chicago: J.H. Beers & Co., 1894.
- [S2059] FamilySearch.org. "New Hampshire Marriage Records, 1637-1947." Image scans at https://familysearch.org
- [S2099] Ullmann, Helen Schatvet. Colony of Connecticut Minutes of the Court of Assistants 1669-1711. Boston, MA: New England Historic Genealogical Society, 2009.
- [S2102] Hollick, Martin E. New Englanders in the 1600s. A Guide to Genealogical Research Published Between 1980 and 2010. Boston: New England Historical Genealogical Society, 2013.
- [S2312] Town of Glastonbury, CT. Glastonbury Land Records. Transcribed by the town at http://www.glastonbury-ct.gov/departments/…. All early Brooks deeds courtesy Richard Roy Brooks.
- [S2313] Brooks, John. Hartford Probate District, probate file #774 (1682). Deposited in Connecticut State Library. Courtesy Roger Stephen Brooks.
- [S2314] Brooks, Sussanna. Hartford Probate District, probate file #775 (1721). Deposited in Connecticut State Library. Courtesy Roger Stephen Brooks.